CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 19, 2010

HELP!!!

I have a problem that I just don't know how to deal with and need HELP immediately!!! She's a 6 year old spit fire that does whatever she darn well pleases with no regards to what either of her parents say. Hannah Jane!!! Every morning its the same thing...get up..get up Hannah...Hannah if you don't get up right now your grounded!! Get dressed...Hannah get dressed...That's it if your not dressed in five seconds your really grounded!! Take a bite, Hannah take a bite, holy crap take another bite.... Find your coat, get a pony tail, take a bite!!! You catch my drift?? By the time we are in the car I am so frustrated I want to yank her hair out... Please someone, anyone give me some advice that will help me with this stubborn child. We pick out her clothes the night before, if its not the clothes its the shoes... I would love a morning with no yelling and no tears!!! Any suggestions!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

So clearly I am not yet a mom, so I probably am not qualified to give advice. But I do know that the one thing my mom would always say to us is, "You never threaten your child unless you are willing to follow through. That way they know you are serious." So if you say she will be grounded, but then you never ground her, she probably doesn't take your threats seriously and doesn't feel like she needs to mind you. So if I were you I would explain to her with a warning the punishment she will receive, if she doesn't listen, then follow through with the punishment so she knows you are the boss! Don't know if it will work, but it did on us kids and I think we turned out pretty good. Love ya Becky!!

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Justin did go to church in only his underwear once because he would fight me every Sunday morning over it. Finally I had had enough and explained to him that if he wasn't ready to go when the rest of us were he would go as he was. Needless to say he went with his clothes in a bag. He now is always the first one ready to go anywhere to prevent from showing up in his underwear!

Krista McMillan said...

We've had SO many mornings like that!!! Some things that have helped us are: To make it a game (the olympics have helped because Kyle realy wants a gold medal!) Sing Primary songs (who can be mad when you are singing I am a child of God?) Another thing is When I get up a little earlier I don't feel so rushed, and then if there is a delay (which there usually is) it's not such a huge deal. If they get all done and there's extra time we play a quick game or read some of a book we're reading. It doesn't work EVERY day, but most days it does!!!