CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

HANNAH UPDATE


We did our weekly blood work Wednesday and had quite the scare!!!! Last week Hannahs platelets were at 135,000 a little on the low end. She stayed on the same amount of steroids and the docs were hoping things would go up a little...... Well, she had to go potty. She came out and said the toilet wouldn't flush. I went in and noticed there was blood in her poop!!!! This was something they told me to watch for.. so I kind of freaked!!!! I called every doctor I knew of and 3 hours later (to make a long story short) I finally got a phone call back.. Her platelets were down to 22,000!!! The doctors decided to keep her on the same dose of steroids again and gave us specific signs to watch for. Let me tell you, this girl knows how to scare me to death!!!! The docs comforted me a little by saying if the water doesn't turn red, then we aren't as worried.

We are keeping a close eye on her an are hoping to make it to the next week!!!!! We'll keep ya posted!!!!

P.S. this picture was when she just woke up, she doesn't always look this way!!!!

1 comments:

Jeanette Atkinson said...

Sorry hannah's had such a cruddy weekend. XOXO and we hope she is feeling better soon!