CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

OWEEEE!!!!



We have had some strange things happening in our home this week!!!! On Tuesday morning Makena woke up with a fever and was just really sad. I held her most of the day. On Wednesday, I noticed little blisters on her lips and tongue and one on her chin. She was feeling even worse. Her tongue was all white and her gums were really swollen and red. I thought it was "Hand foot & mouth disease" and was going to take care of it myself (wait it out), but she was so miserable. I took her to the doctors and found out is was a cold sore virus with a huge long name. It causes a fever, red swollen gums that bleed and cold sores all over their mouth. It is truely a miserable thing. Luckily we went to the doctors, they gave us some medicine for cold sores and prescribed Ibruprofen. THEN..... Saturday morning Hannah woke up with a fever and blisters in her mouth. Her throat was hurting and had swollen glands. I made her an appointment and found out hers are ulcers, probably caused by the same virus Makena has. No medicine was given to her, just regular old Tylenol (which isn't the greatest).
So we are home for the next 7-10 days snuggling and watching Sponge Bob. (Makenas only comfort). The GOOD news with all of this is.... Hannah's protein has stayed negative!!! Amazing!!!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Poor little lambs, I am so glad that Hannah levels are good! I think what you need is a moment when everyone is healthy so that you can take a breath and appreciate that - just being healthy...